How to Sabotage Your Diet
Committing to a lifestyle change like improving your daily diet can be tough. Hidden dangers to your efforts to lose weight lurk everywhere. However, being aware of the potential pitfalls can go a long way toward avoiding them. Among the top ways dieters fail:
- By thinking of their new eating habits as a diet. Instead, think of healthy eating as a lifelong positive lifestyle change.
- Giving up after one mistake. Ate a whole bag of cookies? Look at it as an isolated incident rather than an end to your weight loss efforts.
- Emotional eating. Eat when you are hungry, not because you are sad.
- Failing to incorporate exercise. Diet and exercise are both necessary components of a successful JSAPA Weight Loss Surgery plan. Even regular walks on Jacksonville’s many walking trails can help.
- Letting the scale determine your success or failure. Sometimes, you will hit a plateau. That does not mean that you are not improving your health by improving your diet.
- Letting guilt trip you up. Guilt over a mess-up can lead to emotional eating, which can sabotage your diet even more.
- Making favorite foods off-limits. It’s all about moderation. By enjoying smaller portions of much-loved foods, you can improve your health without feeling deprived.
- Eating too quickly. Eat slowly and savor your food. When you eat too quickly, it’s easy to over-eat before your stomach has time to send signals to your brain indicating that you are full.
- Failing to read labels. It is important to know how much fat, sugar and salt is in the items you eat.
- Overeating when you eat out. Make sure that you follow the same healthy habits in restaurants that you follow at home.