Sticks and Stones
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but motivational words can lift you up for weight loss success after getting a Lap Band in Jacksonville or Valdosta
Okay, so the original rhyme might have a better sound to it, but unfortunately it isn’t true that words are never going to hurt you. Insults and careless words from friends and loved ones can really tear you down, making it difficult to push through another day after getting Lap Band. Jacksonville and Valdosta are home to plenty of sources of support to help you through hard times, but sometimes you need something quick. That is where motivational quotes come in to play.
The idea of a mantra is held in high esteem in eastern meditation. A mantra is simply a sound or series of words that you can repeat to yourself to calm down or motivate yourself in times of need. Not all mantras are words—the most famous of the eastern mantras by far is the unforgettable “om”.
The idea of the mantra goes far beyond something to hum while sitting peacefully with your legs crossed. When you find a powerful quote that resonates with you and make it your mantra, you can repeat it at work when deadlines are approaching, at home when stressors are piling up and out and about when temptations seem at their worst.
A powerful quote can help you stay on track with your Lap Band goals after weight loss surgery. You might already have a quote that moves you, and if so we’d love to hear what it is. If not, don’t worry. Here are a few of our favorite quotes that many people find appropriate for their weight loss endeavors. Try adopting one for yourself!
For when you are feeling overwhelmed and ready to give up:
- “Never, never, never give up.” –Winston Churchill
- “You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.” –Edwin Louis Cole
- “The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!” –Marvin Phillips
- “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
For when you think your goals are too high, or that you’ll never accomplish what you’ve set out to do:
- “The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” –Vince Lombardi
- “The first and the best victory is to conquer self.” –Plato
- “You’re never beaten until you admit it.” –George S. Patton
- “Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.” –Ralph Marston
- “You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.” –David Viscott
- “Rule your mind or it will rule you” –Horace
Stick one of these quotes in the back of your mind and try repeating it to yourself when you are in need of an emotional boost. These helpful words aren’t going to hurt you, they are only going to help you on your journey to improved health.